Being the avid social media junkie that she is, Julie Schmidt, Founder of Cincy Event Planning, keeps up with the ever-evolving event world by looking for something ingenious and eye-catching wherever she can find it – blogs, Pinterest, even retail sites (she’s also a bit of a shopaholic) spark an idea and she’s off to find the best way to execute it before you can load your web browser. Pair these ideas with clients that recognize she isn’t afraid to try something different – no matter how big or small the task may be – and vendors that are itching to try something new and you have a match made in heaven. You’ll see pins of fun specialty drinks, escort card displays and linen samples well into the wee hours of the night, showing her dedication to not only fully understanding the vision of her client, but her drive to bring that vision to life. Julie has also cultivated a team of real and true go-getters, ready to work – and work hard – to make sure every wedding is realized to perfection.
Things you don’t know about me… yet
– I am addicted to
green all smoothies. I have at least one a day, but usually two.
– Marvin Lewis was at my bachelorette party… okay only for a minute, but he WAS there!
– Sweet Child o’ Mine is my all time favorite song + ring tone.
– You’re more likely to find me watching Monday Night Football over any other show on TV.
– I’m still addicted to the TV show Friends and can recite each episode line-for-line, laughing every time. How YOU doin’??
– Love, love, love board games. Scattergories, Compatibility & Friends Scene-It are some of my favorites.
– Shopping is one of my favorite ways to spend time, but bargain shopping is my true passion.
– I have a walk-in closet full of clothes arranged by color and type, yet I can never find anything to wear. (This is where the shopping addiction comes in to play).
– I’ve crossed the big invisible line, and lived on both the east & west sides of Cincinnati. I’ve lived in Covington, too.
– Gretchen is my hairstylist and I’ve been going to her for 15+ years.
– Online auctions, thrift stores, yard sales, oh my. Seriously love all of them.
– I prefer fresh air to a/c…even when it’s 100 degrees.
– I love to read, but haven’t read a single book in the Harry Potter, Twilight or Hunger Games series.
– I drive a Swagger Wagon even though I swore I never would. I secretly love how easy it is to cart around all of the kids and their
crap precious belongings.
– I love to cook, but I don’t bake.
– My favorite time of the day is when all of the kids are in bed and my normally loud house is peaceful and quiet. I have some of my best inspiration after 9pm… and if we are honest after 11pm, when I am the only one awake.
– I love where I live: the Bengals, the Reds, Skyline 3 Ways, Busken cookies, Graeter’s ice cream & Adriatico’s pizza. It doesn’t get any better than this!