Julie Schmidt, founder of Cincy Event Planning, brings a vibrant, refreshing approach to event planning. Combining her experience as an event planner and project manager with a go-to personality and creative spirit, she succeeds in making every event she plans personal, polished…perfect.
Julie stays up-to-date with the latest trends and has developed relationships with some of Cincinnati’s best vendors. A bit of a Pinterest and blog addict, Julie loves to find inspiration and add her own twist. When she’s not planning weddings, events or birthday parties for CEP’s sister company Party Like a Kid, she’s taxiing around her four kids in the swagger wagon she vowed she’d never get, playing in the yard or watching football with her husband, Kevin.
Things you don’t know about me… yet
- I am addicted to
green all smoothies. I have at least one a day, but usually two.
- Marvin Lewis was at my bachelorette party… okay only for a minute, but he WAS there!
- Sweet Child o’ Mine is my all time favorite song + ring tone.
- You’re more likely to find me watching Monday Night Football over any other show on TV.
- I’m still addicted to the TV show Friends and can recite each episode line-for-line, laughing every time. How YOU doin’??
- Love, love, love board games. Scattergories, Compatibility & Friends Scene-It are some of my favorites.
- Shopping is one of my favorite ways to spend time, but bargain shopping is my true passion.
- I have a walk-in closet full of clothes arranged by color and type, yet I can never find anything to wear. (This is where the shopping addiction comes in to play).
- I’ve crossed the big invisible line, and lived on both the east & west sides of Cincinnati. I’ve lived in Covington, too.
- Gretchen is my hairstylist and I’ve been going to her for 14 years.
- I prefer fresh air to a/c…even when it’s 100 degrees.
- I love to read, but haven’t read a single book in the Harry Potter, Twilight or Hunger Games series.
- I drive a Swagger Wagon even though I swore I never would. I secretly love how easy it is to cart around all of the kids and their
crap precious belongings.
- I love to cook, but I don’t bake.
- My favorite time of the day is when all of the kids get up early on Sunday morning and pile in our queen sized bed. It’s crowded but it buys me an extra hour in bed.
- I love where I live: the Bengals, Skyline 3 Ways, Busken cookies, Graeter’s ice cream & LaRosa’s pizza. It doesn’t get any better than this!